Thread: Woodworking in America

Woodworking in America

They are having one in Valley Forge Pa in October -- Hand tools.

I had no idea it was $375.00! - They are offering $40.00 off up until today.

We have the Philadelphia Furniture Workshop in Philadelphia -- I can take a class for that.

I see you can also get into the vendors for $10.00 - I would like to look at the planes from LV and LN.

Just wondering how crowded these things are -- I know that they "sell out" -- but how many is that?

Tom,

I went to the original one last year in Berea KY. It sold out quite quickly and, more importantly, some of the more popular classes filled as well. Don't know if the same will hold true this year.

I thought it was an excellent conference and I got my money's worth and more. It was well organized and the faculty were excellent. I found that the hands on classes were a bit limited by the short class length but everything else was top notch.

Rick

Just a little update on WIA Valley Forge . The Early Bird Deadline ($40 off )was extended it expires tomorrow 9/9/09 and the market place is FREE .

You can attend single days if you want . Friday and Saturday $175 , Sunday is $90 . The $175 does not get you into the Saturday night Banquet that Roy Underhill will be speaking at . That is $35 extra .

BTW Mario Rodriguez of the Philadelphia Furniture School will be doing a seminar and HOC (Hands On Clinic) on Making and Fitting Draws .

http://handtools.woodworkinginamerica.com/GeneralMenu/

And the vendors' room (aka Marketplace) is FREE! And not to be missed!