Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
a) i have shellac floors that get mopped every week. with water. they're 102 years old. the finish is original. when should i expect that water to start hurting the finish?
This is totally amazing. I wonder if the flooring industry ever heard of shellac

b) try stripping shellac with wine or beer, or even whiskey. it'll take more elbow grease than sanding the finish off. spills won't remove the finish, this is internet myth, nothing more.
Heck of an internet myth when everyone pretty much knows that alcohol will strip shellac

c) every time i send my helper to sherwin williams to buy more paint they try to put the cheapest latex paint they have on him, and since most of that paint gets used on doors and windows (and they know that), what are they doing exactly to look out for my best interest? they're not, they have a higher profit margin in latex paints and polyurethane varnishes, so that's what they promote.

don't read books, brilliant. wonder why kids don't know where their state is on a map these days?
Maybe reading isn't the key it's reading comprehension and basic understanding. A salesman at the local Sherwin Williams is not the same as a tech support. So, let me rephrase and be more literal, go to the internet and look up paint products and then read the Product Data Sheets.

btw the blue bold text isn't anything other than annoying.
BTW, blue is my favorite color.
Just as a side note, my location and shop are posted on my profile and website so anything I say can be verified. It's real easy to be an expert and hide in the shadows of anonymity. Why dont you publicly post the location of your 102 year old floor with the original shellac finish?