Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1-Touch Photo

Scott -

Yeah, I got two pieces as well... just as you describled... where do you get your marble from?

Thanks again for all your help and input..
    Kevin
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

I got those pieces from a tile shop, but they were for a person that sells granite.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

We received our copy of 1-touch and I am very pleased with the results.

The speed of processing and ease of use are quite good (and I'm a tough judge).
    David
    PLS 3.60, CorelDraw X4, Full Adobe Maser Suite (oh yeah), 3ds Max, 6 Dell 690 Work Stations (and a host of other hardware).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Baker View Post
    Steve -

I'm using 1-Touch to produce the results you see in the attached pics. When I look at your results, they seem to have a better white/black contrast. My results are more gray than white. Are my results a laser power/speed setting for do I need to adjust the photo (brightness/contrast) prior (or after) I run it through 1-Touch. The marble is a sample from LaserSketch.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Laserskech marble wont turn white, because it's not really marble..
    Real marble turns very white, and will brighten up with a second pass.. Don't try that on the lasersketch, it won't work.. Real marble also requires more power 30-40% speed, 100% power where the LS stone etches with 75-80% speed, 100 power. You can use the same setting for the abs. black granite as the LS marble .. The LS stuff renderes photos very well, but they need to have whitener added.. Thats why the also sell the VanSon white ink..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Trotec Speedy 300 45W
    Universal VLS4.60 50W
    Universal M-300 50w
    ShopBot PRSAlpha48
    Techno LC4848
    Oneway 2436

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Lang View Post
    I found this interesting.
    Er...

NEGRO MARQUINA _____
    ROJO ALICANTE _____
    BIANCO CARRARA_____
    TRAVERTINE CLASSICO_____
    CREMA MARFIL_____
    EMPERADOR_____
    CHANDORE_____
    JERUSALEM STONE_____
    ROSATTA_____
    How many of the above did you classify as marble?
    You may be surprised to discover that only one of the above materials is true marble (see answers ar the end of article). The rest are all limestone, except for Ubatuba, which is a granite.

Ubatuba is not on the list!!!!

Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    Er...
    Ubatuba is not on the list!!!!
    Man, I thought it was just me!
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Does this only work with a ULS machine or does it work with Corel so I can send it to my Trotec?

Unhappy

Ok ... some more messing with 1 Touch. I imported the pic below into Corel photo paint and adjusted the contrast and brightness levels to bring out some dark areas and dampen down the areas that were too light. Then I brought into 1 Touch and began trying the filters until I found one that had all of the contrast about equal. For this pic that was the "microsurfaced plastic" filter. I saved the adjusted pic and closed the program. In Corel draw I opened the pic and printed as usual. In the Uls driver I used "wood - medium density" and printed it.
    The picture is on birch plywood. The first one is one pass. The second one is two passes. The third one is three passes. The photo's don't show how good these turned out. The quality is excelent. In fact the first one turned out so good I thought I might get a 3-D effect with multiple passes. I was right. You cant tell in the photos but the second and third are very nice 3-D relief. Eventualy I intend to gold leaf them.
    I don't have any experience with any other programs so I can give no comparissons. In fact I have only had my laser a few months and consider myself a NU-B. But I can tell you that I am impressed with this programs quality and simplicity.

Good stuff

Randy Walker

The pics are worse than I thought they would be. I lowered the resolution on my camera to keep the file size down. Sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8
    Randy Walker aka woodchuck
    Duck River Woodturners VP
    TAW member, Symposium comity member
    Volunteer Woodturners member
    Dickson Woodturners member

1 Click Photo

Does this program only optimize for ULS lasers or could it be used with
    Xenetech by saving out going through corel .. Already use Photograv 3 and find I get better results with Adromeda Etchtone lol ..

Trev
    Xenetech 13x25 40W, Corel X4, Adobe CS3, Photograv 3, Xenetech Xot 13 x 13 Rotary

I was able to save to my computer and close 1 Touch, then open the processed file in Corel. My guess is that it could be opened with any compatable progran but I don't have any other programs to test it with so can't speculate about that.

Randy Walker
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8
    Randy Walker aka woodchuck
    Duck River Woodturners VP
    TAW member, Symposium comity member
    Volunteer Woodturners member
    Dickson Woodturners member

One touch is tuned for the Universal systems (speeds, pulsing, ramping, powers, Len's, Etc.) Even though they give you an option of saving the file it probably won't give you the same out put on different laser systems.

Even Photograv must be configured for the laser system it is getting used on.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Mike, any updates on when they will have wood and granite materials in the database?

+/- 12 months?
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott,

I wish I could answer that!
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

I did give you plus or minus 12 months Mike