Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hx40a rabbit laser

Quote Originally Posted by carl stevenson View Post
    Hello again

I just tried your suggestions but it didnt work. One thing I did notice is, where you have "rabbit 3040" as the machine name I have "rabbit 40b" (even though its the same machine you have, an hx 3040)
    The instructions in my manual say to use "rabbit 40b" as the machine name.

This works perfectly for everything except the auto power issue.

When I choose "rabbit 3040" as the machine name I cant communicate with the machine.

I have a USB connection to the machine.

The machine was bought in the UK so its possible there is a different control board version, or the machines/boards were made at different times.

I have "version 8.1" written on the board in the top right corner

I dont mind using the pot for power as I rarely change it and cut at the lowest power setting anyway, It would just be more accurate through the software.

If anyone with the same machine has similar settings to me I would be interested if they can control power through the software.

carl
    What did not work exactly? Your reply is a bit confusing.
    Are you saying that you do not have a toggle that will let you switch between manual and auto?
    Or you saying that your version of the software will not let you adjust the power settings?
    I can believe that you may not have a manual over ride toggle, but it is hard to believe that you cannot make setting changes in the software.
    The “HX” denotes which manufacture put all the parts together.
    There are several manufactures all building and selling these machines, some have minor differences. They all use the same parts pool. The software should be all the same. If you have a straight usb connection from your machine to the laser, you have a different controller board than I do. Your statement “I dont mind using the pot for power” is confusing , can you please explain the use of the word pot.
    Can you post a picture of the control panel, the one with the emergency stop button mounted in it?
    Can you open the lid, and post a photo of this area as well?
    I await your reply.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Jaragosky View Post
    Your statement “I dont mind using the pot for power” is confusing , can you please explain the use of the word pot.
    Pot = potentiometer (the knob for adjusting power)
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I tried toggling the switch form manual to auto.
    In manual mode I can adjust the power using the current regulator potentiometer.
    In Auto mode the power is 20 mA on the ampere meter consistently
    I can adjust the power settings in the software but it has no effect on the power readout on the machine. It always remains at 20 mA

The software appears to be the same as yours from the photos and I have the exact same settings apart from in the settings for the machine type is 40b in the option for machine. If I try to change the machine type to 3040 I get an error sending data.

I will send the images in the next post.

thanks

carl

Quote Originally Posted by James Jaragosky View Post
    What did not work exactly? Your reply is a bit confusing.
    Are you saying that you do not have a toggle that will let you switch between manual and auto?
    Or you saying that your version of the software will not let you adjust the power settings?
    I can believe that you may not have a manual over ride toggle, but it is hard to believe that you cannot make setting changes in the software.
    The “HX” denotes which manufacture put all the parts together.
    There are several manufactures all building and selling these machines, some have minor differences. They all use the same parts pool. The software should be all the same. If you have a straight usb connection from your machine to the laser, you have a different controller board than I do. Your statement “I dont mind using the pot for power” is confusing , can you please explain the use of the word pot.
    Can you post a picture of the control panel, the one with the emergency stop button mounted in it?
    Can you open the lid, and post a photo of this area as well?
    I await your reply.
    Jim J.

Here are the images of the control board and the panel on the top of the machine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry I missed the other posts.
    Last edited by James Jaragosky; 10-14-2009 at 3:21 PM. Reason: Redundent information posted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by carl stevenson View Post
    Hello again

I just tried your suggestions but it didnt work. One thing I did notice is, where you have "rabbit 3040" as the machine name I have "rabbit 40b" (even though its the same machine you have, an hx 3040)
    The instructions in my manual say to use "rabbit 40b" as the machine name.

This works perfectly for everything except the auto power issue.

When I choose "rabbit 3040" as the machine name I cant communicate with the machine.

I have a USB connection to the machine.

The machine was bought in the UK so its possible there is a different control board version, or the machines/boards were made at different times.

I have "version 8.1" written on the board in the top right corner

I dont mind using the pot for power as I rarely change it and cut at the lowest power setting anyway, It would just be more accurate through the software.

If anyone with the same machine has similar settings to me I would be interested if they can control power through the software.

carl
    I have the same machine and also have this issue. I am in the UK and bought my machine from HPC Laser. It does seem like it is an issue with the software, I just use manual power settings now.

Hi
    mine was second hand but originally from hpc. I think they sell newer machines now (ls3040) so I am hoping there is a later version of the driver available. ( I am pretty sure it's a driver problem. The drivers came on a cd with the machine and are dated oct 2008 on mine.)
    maybe if you contact hpc they can emai you the latest drivers. Let me know if this works for yours.

8. Hi,
    This thread is very old but I need help on the possibility of controlling the laser power by software in Rabbit HX40B.
    I read here that some users get it through a switch automatic/manual. My machine came without this switch, but I think the control boards are the same and has this possibility through the Dac-Out connector (V8.1 board). I can only adjust the laser power at the panel potentiometer.
    Can someone put some pictures or diagrams with the connecting wires of the switch control to the boards?
    I would appreciate help here if possible ...
    Last edited by Antonio Santos; 03-26-2011 at 4:29 AM.