Thread: Low end pencil box

Low end pencil box

Jim Koepke did the high end very good workman ship pencil box. I went the other way. I needed a place to store my paint brushes for craft projects. I selected wood from my neighbors dipsdy dumpster witch was used to build a home extention. I used the 3/8 inch plywood. All cuts were done on the table saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work, John, but you really need to store the box somewhere other than your keyboard!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Nice work, John, but you really need to store the box somewhere other than your keyboard!!
    When space is tight, space is tight.

I was thinking of using this type of lid. Four of the Five grandchildren these were made for are under 10 and my wife thought it would be quickly lost. That is why an attached lid was employed.

Yeah, that's right, blame my wife.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Just lasy John , the desk with the camera is just to my right as I sit. So I grab the camera and set the object on the computer. You get an idea of size by the computer keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    When space is tight, space is tight.

I was thinking of using this type of lid. Four of the Five grandchildren these were made for are under 10 and my wife thought it would be quickly lost. That is why an attached lid was employed.

Yeah, that's right, blame my wife.

jim
    Jim I liked the way you did yours other than all the hand work. I used my hands to much over the years. I have made pen boxes just like your box only I used the barbed hinges instead of lid pins. There are so many ways to get the same results it is great.