Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A note about fellow turner Nate Hawkes and another warning

So sorry to hear, woodworking, perhaps the most dangerous hobby. We just can't be too careful.

Wish him speedy recovery.

Art.

Sorry to hear about the mishap Nate. Just know our prayers are with you. Heal quickly.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I don't know Nate, but wish him well.

For me, the Saw Stop table saw is one of the best inventions in the last 50 years.

It may not be cool and it may even be a PITA sometimes but I use the guard on my tablesaw for everything but dado cuts. Here's wishing Nate a speedy recovery!

Prayers are with you Nate. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Billy

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Take care and heal well

Thanks Hilel for the info on Nate, we all have had painful mistakes but with the power tools they get real bad real fast!

Heal up fast Nate and stay positive, we all have you in our thoughts.

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Prayers for a speedy recovery and glad it wasn't worse than that.

I join the others in wishing you the best Nate.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

I did some wood swaps with Nate a while back, he seemed like a real "stand up" guy. Sorry to hear about his accident, hope it doesn't curb his enthusiasm for woodworking.

sorry to hear about it Nate, i hate power saws, i will use a chainsaw when i have to

Get well soon!

Terry

Speedy recovery Nate.

thanks for the kind words, folks. I went in for a dressing change and checkup on it today, as the pain really increased from swelling. I'm scheduled for thursday morning surgery, which won't come soon enough. I'm a little nervous about going under anesthesia, but the surgeon is great and has operated on a couple family members and a good friend who is an artist, all of whom had better than expected outcomes! Until then, percocet only dulls the pain; it doesn't take it away completely. Once I get back on my feet a bit I'll post the xrays; pretty scary. There must be 30 stitches in it just as a temporary closure until the orthopedic repair coming up. Lots of screws & pins in my future.....

Be careful folks; a lot can happen in a split second. I was using a pushblock, and sure didn't think I was being careless when it happened. Boy was I wrong. Updates to come after surgery.

Nate, I join the other members in wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Hang in there!