Thread: cool file handle. Help identifying?

cool file handle. Help identifying?

We have this really nice, handy, and beautiful file handle at work.

I covet it and would love to find another. Anyone have any hints to its manufacturer etc? Ever seen one before?

i think quite a few manufacturers made those, i have found two of them in some old catalogs here. you could find one pretty easy i would think? make sure it isn't broken though!

I like the ventilated style....keeps it from overheating

I have a beautiful hack saw of a similar design, but have not had any luck finding a file handle like that one. If anyone spots one, let me know!

I have one of those at home, with some tools I inherited from my uncle and great uncle. I'll look at the handle tonight and see if I can find any identifying markings.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I have 3 or 4 I use often, the thumb screw has been replaced I think, it doesn't quite go with the craftsmanship of the handle. I had an aluminum one, but gave it to the wife to hold some of her Crochet hooks with, makes it easier on her hands.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

OOps, one of mine has that exact same type of thumb screw, but to go along with the cheaply made thumb screw, the casting is not as nice as the one with the normal thumb screw.
    Last edited by harry strasil; 01-06-2010 at 4:34 PM.
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

wanna get rid of one?

LOL, took me 20 years to find the 3 I have.
    Jr.

I have three, one I got from my dad and two I bought. One is blank, one just says "Made in USA", and one says "E.C.STEARNS & CO. SYRACUSE, NY".

I notice on the picture there is an "S" cast into it and that might be an indicator of the maker.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Martin View Post
    I have three, one I got from my dad and two I bought. One is blank, one just says "Made in USA", and one says "E.C.STEARNS & CO. SYRACUSE, NY".

I notice on the picture there is an "S" cast into it and that might be an indicator of the maker.

Ken
    Yes, the "S" is what intrigues me. Its very graceful and feels good to use. I got a generic looking one on ebay, but was hoping to find one more elegant...