Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not as sharp as I use to be...

At my age I've learned to say I don't have failures, just varying degrees of success. My 8 yr old grandson was over for a sleepover while his parents had a night out. We built an angel and he painted her. He messed while painting and got so frustrated he started to cry. I said Whoa, part of every project is you have to figure you need to how to correct for the errors your going to make. I took him over to the eliptical top to a cabinet I'm making. The front looks great. I showed him the back. See that piece of different looking wood? I asked him. 'Yes' he said. That doesn't belong there because I messed up. But the front looks good, doesn't it? We just have to figure out how to re-paint the angel and make her look good. His newly re-painted angel made one 8 yr old very happy and was another example of a varying degree of success.

Yep. I have numerous misfits hanging in my shop, all that were supposed to go into kitchens.

Blog Entries
    At least the shelf was level...
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Markovetz View Post
    Welcome to the metric system, my friend.

One unit, just multiples of said unit.

The same thing happenened to some civil engineers/contractors which resulted in a new stoplight being installed in the #1 lane while a local road was being widened. (It wasn't real obvious at first as there were no curbs, or paving) Story was there was a mixup in units...feet were confused with meters. Some red faces and finger pointing over that one.

Palos Hills, IL (southwestern suburb of Chicago)

A funny thing happened to me Saturday . . .

Got the ribs ready. Went out into the Michigan tundra and turned my gas grill on. Went inside to let it heat up and me, too. Came back out with the ribs, opened up the lid, . . . . . . all of my BBQ utencils were in the grill . . . on fire. D . . U . . .M . . . dum! (I know it's spelled dumb.)

It's funny this thread came up...

Last week my wife came home as I was finished with shop cleaning. I found all the "brain farts" I accumilated since last cleaning and piled them in the burn pile.

WIFE: What ya' burning all your wood for???

WOOD BUTCHER: These are "brain farts".

WIFE: Your gettin' older, Honey.

WOOD BUTCHER (under breath): !@#$%^&*()
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.