Thread: Rebuilt batteries

Rebuilt batteries

Does anyone have experience with Toolbatteryrefill.com. You ship them your battery and they put new cells in it and guarantee longer life and better performance than the originals. I have an 18 volt battery from my Hilti drill and the offer on toolbatteryrefill.com is significantly less expensive then replacing it. Besides, disposing of a battery pack just doesn't feel right.
    fmr

No...but I've used MTO Battery to rebuild 6 batteries and am still satisfied 18 months later.

-Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

Blog Entries
    +1 MTO. I had a pair of Makitas and a pair of DeWalts done one level up in mAh and it was still less than new including shipping. They've been working great for over a year.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

+ 1 MTO. I had a Festool battery done over. Works better now then original. Clifford
    Last edited by Clifford Mescher; 01-24-2010 at 9:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust M. Ruggiero View Post
    Besides, disposing of a battery pack just doesn't feel right.
    fmr
    You have to check for your area but curbside recycling will take batteries if you put them in a plastic bag and set them out with your recycling.

Lith-Ion rebuild?

Anybody have any luck finding a source to rebuild lithium-ion battery packs? I had a Makita 1.5 18 volt pack crap out on me about a week ago and my local Batteries plus won't touch lith-ion packs. Something about being too new and to difficult with the built-in chip. Love the drill otherwise, but can't live with just one battery pack and I'm too cheap to buy an expensive replacement.

Thanks One and All,
    I never heard of MTO but I am sure I will find them on the web.
    fmr

M(e)TO

Give Jason a call.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Jason normally runs a "special" of some kind or another here from time to time. Haven't heard from him in a while, so I suspect he is about "due".

I have a few friends just waiting for his next special .. ..

Jason .. .. are you out there ?? ?? ??

I have had 2 batteries rebuilt. It is well worth the money. The batteries are better than when they were new. Cost me as much as new batteries would have cost but they last about 60% longer now.

Blog Entries
    I had a local store-batteries plus do it. $45 for a 18v dewalt, well worth it better than new.

I have been using Primecell for years. My first set was 9.6V for my old DeWalt. I opted for the "regular" batteries which were higher capacity than the original ones but less than their higher capacity batteries offered. I could not believe the difference in the performance. Those batteries were just replaced again - five years later! This time I opted for the highest capacity batteries. I also just replaced my DeWalt XRP 14.4 batteries and again what a difference.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

I spoke with Jason at MTO. Very nice guy. He doesn't post on the creek any longer. It sounds like there was a issue. Anyway, he will not only install new cells, he will convert the battery from 2Ah to 3Ah by installing NiMh batteries. The cost was a bit more than the NiCad but they should last longer. I any event, the cost was less than 2/3 the cost of replacement.
    Thanks to all,
    fmr

Thanks!

Thank you very much to all who replied! Keep an eye on the website. There will be a special coming up later this week.