Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, I'm a professional turner now.....

Congrat's on your retirement, hope you thoroughly enjoy the next chapter.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Robert, enjoy the retirement. I just got home ( 02.33 ) took my uniform off, and headed down to make some shavings on my Mustard Mistress. I'm not sure how many years I,m going to keep going on the department. Still enjoy it too much. Looking forward to seeing your new turnings.

Congrats Robert. Now it's time to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the next chapter of your life. Of course we now expect to see more postings of your work too

Thanks for your service too. It's very much appreciated.

Continue to stay safe.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Robert,
    Well, I am late to the party in congrats, because being retired like you are now, I have less time now than ever. (LOL) Seriously, you will wonder how the work ever fit in to your schedule very shortly. I quite the rat race like Bernie on 12-31-09. It is a great feeling that's hard to describe. All the best with any endeavor you tackle. Way to Go!!
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

So do you get to order the Mustard Monster now? Congrats on making it to 2.0!

Congrats on your retirement. I worked as a "blue suiter" for 10 years and then Motors for 20. Seems like there are more than you and I that had that vocation. Ended up with NO HOLES in my body. The only thing I've had to do is to learn to put "My kickstand down" and learn to
    s l o w down. Wood working certanly has given me that to me.

Congratulations. So, did you get the mustard yet? Oops, someone already asked you that.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Robert,
    Congratulations on a successful career and here's to an even better retirement!

Dave

Congrats on the retirement. I did that 8 years ago and they don't have enough money to get me to go back.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Congratulations Robert - on both a good career, and retirement!
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Good for you, Robert. As the others have said, thanks for the work you have done.

Now we're looking forward to seeing more of your new work.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Hey Robert: Congrats on a successful career protecting and serving and on re-directing into the second half of your life. It is the best part by the way.

If your travels bring you to the Atlanta area please let me know and we'll break bread.

Best regards, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Congrats, Robert. Enjoy. I retired in July last year and am enjoying all of the Saturdays.

Congratulations!! Turn to your heart's content.

I never imagined how heart-felt and how many replies I would receive with this little announcement. I truly appreciate the response!

And for all the mustard questions............

Most of you know that I had to retire due to an on-duty injury that ended in a total knee replacement. Seeing as I am not quite 50 yet, I still have 3 out of my 4 kids in college. The knee is going to pretty much put all 3 kids through college , so I guess the mustard is on hold for a while. I think I might buy them some mustard for a graduation present though and just keep it at my house for them.....