Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Internet

Blog Entries

Wireless Internet

My new church decided they wanted me to have Wireless Internet instead of having it hard wired at only the church. Now I can 'roam' with my lap top anywhere. I know... might not be new to some of you... but wow... to me.... ~How Cool is this!
    Have a Nice Day!

Funny.... I wired the kid's bedrooms 20 years ago for phone and internet. By the time they needed phones and the internet, they didn't need the wires!!! LOL

Yes, very cool to cut the cord.... well at least that one. 'member you still gotta plug in to charge up.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Wireless IP is very handy if expensive. I use it in my truck sometimes to answer customers questions while I'm out working. Today I took a break and watched a couple of pocket screw videos (don't tell anybody).

I'm sitting on the couch in the family room on the little Acer Aspire now, wireless is great. I can watch games on TV while online. Great multitasking tool.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

The laptops in the kitchen and shop are wireless. If we do any online banking or purchasing we use my desktop, which is wired.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

My work supplies us wireless also it's great I don't know how many times the wife has used it to browse while I am driving down the road.

Blog Entries
    I got LOML a laptop and wireless router for Christmas. Router was pretty cheap. She loves it. We ahven't tried wifi on the road yet.

I'm still on the big box and wires but at least I don't have to share.

Does anyone make a 'box' for the TV that you can give a IP address to, and send streaming vid to your TV?
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

welcome to the 21st century (G) for ther most part I have used wired becasue it is faster and more reliable. but my wife wanted music on her stereo so here comes the airport express. it streams itunes to her stereo. for me I got a appletv so I can stream movies to the tv.
    now what is cool my wife can use her itouch to control itunes to play music while in the bedroom and she is blind. I can use my iphone to check something for the wife while talking on the phone. now that's really cool.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Does anyone make a 'box' for the TV that you can give a IP address to, and send streaming vid to your TV?
    AppleTV may do that...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

appletv only streams from itunes.
    the roku box or boxee box and several others will stream things like netfix and other things.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

I still use wires at home. I worry 'cause there is no wireless security standard anymore that can't be cracked. Its faster, too.
    Paul

Are we talking Wifi or 3G??

While 3G is indispensable to those on the go -- The speeds can be frustrating. I never use it when Wifi is available

I believe Jon was referring to WiFi. Not Internet through a cell tower.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by paul cottingham View Post
    I still use wires at home. I worry 'cause there is no wireless security standard anymore that can't be cracked. Its faster, too.
    WPA2 is pretty good and has been included in all WiFi certified equipment since 2006. WEP could be broken but would anyone want to hack your network when so many are wide open?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.