Thread: Spray-on liquid glass

Spray-on liquid glass

I saw this new material. I am sure the engravers will think of some unique ways to use it. I am not sure how to post the entire article without using the web address, but if anyone is interested I can send you the link. It appears this spray on glass will be about $8 a can once it is being mass produced.

(PhysOrg.com) -- Spray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.
    Garrick D. Crocker
    Gainesville, Fl

PowerSharp 16 w/rotary
    Corel X3
    Zenbot, Mach 3, VCarve
    48" ValueJet, 54" Vinyl Cutter

Nice find.....they claim it will revolutionize almost everything......makes cleaning products obsolete.....repels bacteria....very interesting......
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Interesting.... Here is another hint for the other end of the link to save you time.... news184310039.html

I did enjoy the story about the Anti Whale group. Look forward to seeing the programs in August. Lived in Japan for 2 years.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I hate to say it but it almost sounded like an infomercial

"You can spill a bottle of wine on a silk shirt and it runs right off"

But is it engravable?

Actually I could use this product on a project right now.

Keep us posted when it hits the market.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements