Thread: Doe Suede - laser safe?

Doe Suede - laser safe?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but Doe Suede - seems like polyester but no idea if there is PVC or if it will laser nicely. Does anyone know? Has anyone tried the stuff?

I have lasered real suede and the faux (artificial) suede and both work REAL well.
    I did 100's of certificates on it for a Steak house group that has an American indian theme ,Also cut em in an irregular shape , like an animal hide. we rolled em up and bound em with a strip of suede and a wax seal to look like those old parchment type rolls. You need VERY little power to engrave and cut the artifical stuff.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Thanks Rodne

I guess I've just been scared into the mentality of 'anything that could have pvc in it probably does' but I suppose it woudn't make much sense to try to make a soft suede out of vinyl...

Always had the same problem, that I was worried about if it's PVC or not. Look at this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=114701 this solves the problem

Andrea

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen