Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had problems with Firefox 3.6 ?

Anyone had problems with Firefox 3.6 ?

I installed 3.6 yesterday and switched back to Firefox 3.5.8 when I couldn’t scroll in the forum.

It was also noticeably slower than 3.5.8.

I’m using an IBM ThinkPad and running MS XP.

I'm on 3.5.7 still here at work. Looks like 3.5.8 is trying to download. Haven't seen the 3.6 yet. I'll have to look at home and see what the latest download was. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Hi Harry.

I just installed the latest release, 3.6 and it appears to be working just fine. My system is a home brew Intel MB and 3.2 Ghz processor with 1 GB ram.
    Best Regards, Ken

3.6 working fine here, scrolling fine too.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Works fine for me, too.

Blog Entries
    I've been using 3.6 ever since it came out, maybe a month or so. It works fine, seems to be a bit faster than 3.5.x to me.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Different hardware/software combinations don’t always have an identical response to the same software. I sent Mozilla a comment on my problem and will reload the 3.6 in a month or so to see if they’ve fixed the glitch. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Harry,

I have been using it for a few weeks now and all is fine. Start it in Safe Mode and see if that fixes it.

If so, it will be an Add-on. try disabling them all then Enabling them one by one until it stops scrolling. Probably one that has not been updated for 3.6.

Hold down the Windows key and press "R" for Run
    Then Enter...
    firefox -safe-mode
    Click OK.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Hey Dave,

I’ll try your safe-mode suggestion. My laptop doesn’t have a “windows” key but I know how to access the “run” window. The problem is that it won’t scroll a page. Try reading this forum without the ability to scroll.

As I stated earlier, 3.6 was quite a bit slower than 3.5.8—both loading and running. The only advantages to 3.6 over 3.5.8 for me are the security enhancements.

Dave,

Back again. Tried it in Safe Mode with Add-ons disabled—same story. Might be a conflict with my mouse hardware/software. I’ll reload 3.6 in a month or so and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hagan View Post
    I installed 3.6 yesterday and switched back to Firefox 3.5.8 when I couldn’t scroll in the forum.

It was also noticeably slower than 3.5.8.

I’m using an IBM ThinkPad and running MS XP.
    No problems here!

Harry, Have you tried your settings? Tools...options...general...Browsing check the scrolling boxes??

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hagan View Post
    Tried it in Safe Mode with Add-ons disabled—same story.
    Hi Harry,

When you want to scroll a page, what are you using? The scroll bars on the right + left click or the mouse wheel or what?
    Dave J

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Have you tried your settings? Tools...options...general...Browsing check the scrolling boxes??
    Hi Ted,

I suspect you have an Add-on that has added that option in to the General tab. I am not aware of the "scrolling boxes," option and they do not appear on my version.

Maybe Harry could install that Add-on?
    Dave J

Dave...my mistake, it's on the advanced tab