Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Air Compressor died

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Rob, I have a 220volt milling machine, engine lathe, table saw, planner & bandsaw - I'm tapped out unless I run another circuit from the main panel in the house.
    Bruce,

Unless you're planning to run all of those machines at the same time, you've can run a 240v compressor off of any of those circuits. You could always run 2 lines over to the compressor - 1 from one of your metal-working machine circuits and the other from one of the wood-working machines. Put a double pole, double throw switch by the compressor so you can switch it back and forth to a circuit that's not being used. Doing woodwork - switch the compressor to the metal-working circuit and vice versa.

Just an idea.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell
    Bruce,

Unless you're planning to run all of those machines at the same time, you've can run a 240v compressor off of any of those circuits. You could always run 2 lines over to the compressor - 1 from one of your metal-working machine circuits and the other from one of the wood-working machines. Put a double pole, double throw switch by the compressor so you can switch it back and forth to a circuit that's not being used. Doing woodwork - switch the compressor to the metal-working circuit and vice versa.

Just an idea.
    Thanks Rob, I thought about that but I still have the aforementioned space problem , have you seen my shop? Other than the testosterone factor , I really don't need a big compressor.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Bruce,

I was thinking of something like these compressors. Click on the Specifications link and check out the 230v unit - 11 or 14 CFM @ 90 psi depending on the unit you get.

Rob

You could check out Eaton Compressors; the guy who did a glue up/milling job for me has a huge on in his shop. They have one for $725 that might fit your requirements. Since they can also build a custom compressor to your specs, you could give them a call to see what they say. Their web site is http://www.eatoncompressor.com

I have no connection to this company, but have seen their end product in a local woodshop.