Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paint color for old tools

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shoemaker View Post
    If you changed the saws componants or color that is called "fixing". Ken

Or in the auto world "restomod" .

Quote Originally Posted by Darnell Hagen View Post
    Some machines ask for certian colours.
    I agree with Darnell, some machines are just dying to be painted a certain color, so from the pics below ya should be able to figure where I stand
    but like was said above, check out owwm.org where we have discussed this many time.

Here's a few of the machines I have restored ... none with original colors.

Ya can see more of my machine restorations here

Beautiful machines!
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Color has a direct relationship to how you feel. As such you will find gray to be a depressing color, as can be witnessed by peoples attitude when there are several overcast days in a row, something we here in Michigan have to deal with often.

When I redo machines I don't worry about the original color, I think about what color would make the day in the shop seem more cheery. I am refurbishing a Walker Turner drill press right now and it will not be gray. I have a dado machine that is red, and my big Delta band saw will probably be yellow when I paint it.

My new shop will have brightly colored walls, maybe even a rainbow stripe around the top.

There is much written on how color can affect our moods, and I see no reason to not use that in the shop as well as our homes. Some colors would be too hard to keep looking good in a wood shop, say black for instance, so that is a consideration.

Yes, I know black is not a color......

all i can say, shane, is ............WOW! those may not be original colors, but they are really well restored machines. beautiful, absolutely beautiful.