Thread: #45 Combination Plane Storage Box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rob, When I was growing up in Lawrence Kansas, we didn't even have a Home Depot! Small world, I miss Lawrence, except the winters. I really dig the patchwork box, and that quilted top looks amazing!

It is sometimes surprising what you can find at the local HD or Lowes in their maple piles of lumber. It seems like recently that the entire loads of maple they have there have some sort of quilting. Unfortunatly it's Home Depot and you have to paw through it like crazy to find a relatively straight and non-twisted board. I also really am not a fan of supporting HD or Lowes, but for a small peice of curley or quilted maple they're sometimes the place to go. If only someone could tell these idiots how to store the lumber. All leaning against eachother that is supported about halfway down the boards face. Of course the boards are going to bow. Have you ever looked through they're pine? It's 99% un-usable because of the way it's stacked.

Wow!

Nice looking box for a very nice looking plane. Nicely done!

Zach
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.