Thread: Automatic Marking of "Posts Read"

Automatic Marking of "Posts Read"

Is there any way to individually turn off the feature of the forum software to automatically mark all posts as read once you visit the forum? I sometimes don't have time to go through all the new posts in one visit and it gets a little annoying to come back later and find that all the new posts have been marked as read even if I didn't want that. I've been on other forums that use this same software and that doesn't occur there so I'm thinking there's a way to turn it off here.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly 92040 View Post
    Is there any way to individually turn off the feature of the forum software to automatically mark all posts as read once you visit the forum? I sometimes don't have time to go through all the new posts in one visit and it gets a little annoying to come back later and find that all the new posts have been marked as read even if I didn't want that. I've been on other forums that use this same software and that doesn't occur there so I'm thinking there's a way to turn it off here.

Mark
    Unfortunately, no. Your new posts are calculated based on your last visit time, and lasts for about 45 minutes. We could have the database record each and every post read by every user, which would be more accurate, but that is way too costly for a forum this size.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator