Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: drill bit hollowing tool

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hubl View Post
    Jeff,

Do you have a video on how you do the grind?

I'd like to know how to do the grind!

What size bit did you use for this new cool tool??

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Nicol View Post
    Gary, I use mine on deep hollowing in vases and things to get to the beginning depth. They are limited by the hole you are hollowing through as to how much you can reach. Then I switch to a bent or gooseneck tool using a table saw blade cutter of my own making. When I am cutting wet wood it cuts so well that I have to stop and clean out the curls when they fill the void in the HF or vase.

Jeff
    Any info on that cutter, I don't recall seeing it on the site.

Thanks for that tip, and I'm gonna give that a try right there!

There is a little PDF file

O.K. I give! I have a little PDF file that shows mostly how it is done, I will get a video made later today and posted on Youtube for all to see! There goes the profits!! HA! HA! If you want the file just PM me and give me your e-mail. I tried to attach it here but it is to big.

Hear from you soon,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Give a little back

Jeff,
    I think you could charge a nominal fee for the plans, I'm sure there are lots of people here who would be willing to pay for them. I know I am always willing to pay for an innovative idea that saves me time.

Chris

At the start of the video, you can see some torn grain on the walnut blank. Have you gotten a cleaner cut than that with your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Nicol View Post
    There goes the profits!! HA! HA! If you want the file just PM me and give me your e-mail. I tried to attach it here but it is to big
    Jeff

Giving away yer retirement Jeff!!!

You are a generous man, and I thank you for that.

God bless you my friend.

Mark

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Nicol View Post
    Then I switch to a bent or gooseneck tool using a table saw blade cutter of my own making.

Jeff

Any possibility of seeing pics or a video on this tool. If it is anything near as good as the drill bit tool I will rush to the shop to try it out. Thanks for the great ideas!