Thread: Thank you Jeff Nicol!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought the ring from McMaster Carr. It's a 16" diameter pipe flange (called an angle ring), item number 1764K62.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#angle-rings/=6fhzkf

It's made out of steel, and then spray painted with a metalic silver paint to somewhat match my lathe.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Matt

Glad you got it made

Matt, It looks like it will do the trick. I just picked up 7 more rings today so keep up with the ones I have to make right now. The welding thing is all about timing and getting the heat correct for the material you are working with. It looks like you were a little cold and maybe a bit to fast. But sometimes the worst welds last the longest! I have some on my old tractor that I bet are 40 years old and look like chicken poop, but they are still there and holding what they were ment to hold! G

Glad you got it done and you should be happy with making it yourself, it always gives a guy satisfaction knowing they did it themselves.

Have fun,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Matt, congrats on the steady, but this thread has just reminded me again of why I had Jeff make mine!! I could take that pile of metal and it would be unrecognizable when I got through with it.

You did a good job on this one!!

Nice job, but I'm with Mr. Keeton on this one. I'll go to Jeff when the time comes.