Ripping something like 12/4 Ipe you might see a difference, but in 99.9% of situations you will not unless you are tring to drag race with the feedrate. I would rather have a Leeson 3hp than a no name 5hp on a cabinet saw. Just like I bought and prefer my 3hp Baldor over a no name Asian 5hp motor. If we were just comparing 1023 to 1023 I might just consider spending the extra $120 on the 5hp but in the end would probably spend it on a upgraded miter gauge, refacing the fence or a Forrest or Freud Fusion blade.

Since you are considering Grizzly then it seems value is important to you in this senario I would get a lot more value from that $120 in other ways on the TS. I also think the ~1,300 range in Grzzly saws is a hard place to chop the new 1023 and 690/691 each have some strong points but none of their 10" saws have all of them. It seems to me the 1023 should have been kept as the basic 10" cabinet and the 690/1 should have been moved upmarket by say $300 and included all the good points of each.