Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carole Valentine ?

Oh no! We have John Keeton fanning the fire for John "Horsey" Hart. This could get outrageous!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Carole, you are famous... everyone knows you. and John, things are better when your around so hang around.

BTW....John Keeton......John Hart isn't exaggerating about the homemade lathe.

How many tons does it weigh John Boy?
    Ken

Hello, John Hart and welcome back. Glad to see you are still alive and, soon, turning again.

The library looks great.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Wow, what a treat hearing from Carole and John. Now if someone could shake Bill Stevener out of hiding! Anyone remember this?....http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=21503 It's still the all time coolest woodturning I've ever seen!
    Last edited by Curt Fuller; 04-23-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Curt,

I don't think I'll ever forget the "Itty Bitty Contest".

I got such charge out of listening to the banter. You guys sucked me into the banter.....pushed me into the Vortex and my life will never be the same.

Now if Hoyt could jump in here.............
    Ken

Curt haven't heard from Bill in quite some time.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post

Sooooo...with the insurance money, I decided to completely restore it m'self and turn it into a library. Here's some pics of how it looks so far.
    Wow... John Hart, and I just got through watching "Night Of The Living Dead"... What a coincidence. I like all those book shelves. Nothing like a library in the house, and a book will beat a computer screen any day of the week. I mean, you know, as long as the peetchers are in color. Nice job so far John.

John, looks like good fortune actually "rained down" on you, in a manner of speaking. I know it must have been a nightmare with the bursted pipe, but you sure made a fine recovery! Very nice work on the library project. I assume you have sufficient resource material to fill those shelves.

Curt, thanks for posting the link to Bill's creation! WOW! That thing is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    BTW....John Keeton......John Hart isn't exaggerating about the homemade lathe.

How many tons does it weigh John Boy?
    Well...to haul the 5 main steel pieces... it took three trips with a truck that could handle 3/4 ton...and I had to drive real slow....so I'm figuring between 1 or 2 or 3 tons. It'll have a 36" swing. I'll probably hafta use a chainsaw for roughing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton
    John, did you get the Binford plans from Tim Taylor???
    oooh oooh oooh
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    John, looks like good fortune actually "rained down" on you, in a manner of speaking. I know it must have been a nightmare with the bursted pipe, but you sure made a fine recovery! Very nice work on the library project. I assume you have sufficient resource material to fill those shelves.

Curt, thanks for posting the link to Bill's creation! WOW! That thing is neat.
    Funny thing John...I've been collecting books for this for over 25 years. Boxes and boxes of books that I've long forgotten about. A lot of them are over 100 years old....some from the 1700's.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson