Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wisdom for Soon-to-be Husbands?

Kids _can_ make a strong marriage stronger , but they _will_ make a weak marriage weaker !
    "He who saves one life, saves the world entire"

When a man considers the woman he'd going to marry, he says, "I can live with her."

When a woman considers the man she's going to marry, she says, "I can work with that."

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

A few from RAH posing as Lazarus Long

Give her a desk of her own and keep your hands off of it

Budget the luxuries first

If after an argument you find that you have won, apologize immediately

Money is a powerful aphrodisiac. But flowers work almost as well.

A woman is not property, and husbands who think otherwise are living in a dreamworld.

Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. (actually for wives)

A competent and self confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.

Money is the sincerest of all flattery. Women love to be flattered. So do men.

Rub her feet.

A man does not insist on physical beauty in a woman who builds up his morale. After a while he realizes that she is beautiful--he just hadn’t noticed it at first.

It is impossible for a man to love his wife wholeheartedly without loving all women somewhat. I suppose that the converse must be true of women.

Formal courtesy between husband and wife is even more important than it is between strangers.

“I came, I saw, she conquered.” (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)

Don’t try to have the last word. You might get it.

Blog Entries
    I woiuld add to my earlier comment, occasionally buy her a small gift for no apparent reason other than you love her and she deserves it. Maybe a CD she mentioned, flowers, candy, a book, a new blouse (always buy one size too small). Not anything expensive but a token to say I was thinking about you. And send a card every once in a while; don't wait for the special dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Hendrick View Post
    I’d appreciate hearing your rules for a happy marriage
    Learn to say "Yes dear" and act like you mean it.
    Has kept me alive for 42 years of wonderful wedded bliss.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Keep in mind that the little boy you put to bed every night will be the same boy when he wakes up in the morning.

But the little girl you put to bed at night, will most likely be a different person by morning.

Even as adults....this holds true to some extent.

Roll with the roller coaster....lean into the curves....be a sturdy support....and let her know that no matter what, you'll be there for her.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Heard a good quote from WH Auden this morning:

If equal affection cannot be, Let the more loving one be me.

So true!

Wisdom for soon to be husbands

LEARN 2 words and you will survive "Yes dear"