Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have an extra bowl?

Robert - I think it's great that so many folks have decided to participate! So far, what's the total number of pieces you are taking to the auction? You going to have to rent a uhaul to make the trip?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Robert glad to see everyone getting involved. I hope the auction does well. Keep us informed.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Robert,

I don't know how I missed this post. PM me and I will get something in the mailb by the end of the week.

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

I returned several PM's today, so please let me know if you have not received a reply yet!

I inadvertently left Toney Robertson off the received list. He sent one of his wooden roses (I am waiting to see if the wife bids on it!) and a nice elm bowl. Thanks, Toney!

I am no where near what these guys can turn but if you pm me the info I'll send a pen or two.

Robert, watch for the USPS flat rate box. It left Georgia today (Tuesday).

Thanks for ramrodding this effort. It's great to be a part of it.

Best regards, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hamilton View Post
    Robert, watch for the USPS flat rate box. It left Georgia today (Tuesday).

Thanks for ramrodding this effort. It's great to be a part of it.

Best regards, Tom
    I received a super nice cherry bowl (more like a candy dish) from Tom Hamilton today. Thanks, Tom!

UPS just dropped off a very professionally made mesquite pepper mill sent by Greg Savage. I like the way that the joint between the top and bottom is hidden in the grooves. Very well done and thanks Greg!

Sorry, sorry, sorry I mailed two Cocobolo pens, a Cocobolo pendant, and a figured Hickory bottle stopper on Tuesday but I forgot to send all the shavings. As soon as I find a large crate.....I mean box, I'll get them into the mail to you.....Can I send them COD?
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

I dont want to hear about my paper towel packing method! You should see the box I sent today (I would think).

Quote Originally Posted by Robert McGowen View Post
    UPS just dropped off a very professionally made mesquite pepper mill sent by Greg Savage. I like the way that the joint between the top and bottom is hidden in the grooves. Very well done and thanks Greg!
    Robert, It was my pleasure to be able to help out.

Catching up over the weekend.

Received from Dennis Ford - a thin stemmed goblet

Received from Roger Bullock - 2 cocobolo pens, cocobolo pendant, and a hickory wine stopper.

Received from Scott Hackler - spalted sycamore and cocobolo pens, 2 Christmas ornaments (got me in trouble, Scott. Wife is like, oh, I did not know you could make these.... thanks!)

Received from Charles Drake - walnut bowl, walnut hollow form with finial, spalted oak bowl, a super cool little ambrosia maple pot, and a really nice laminated peppermill.

Thanks, guys!

You guys are generous beyond all belief. Amberlyn is still in the hospital from last week with a blood clot. She will hopefully be out this week sometime. I will be posting a group photo of all of the turnings I have received, plus some photos of the auction itself. I know that there are a couple of items on the way still, but I have to cut this off at this point so that I have time to label and deliver everything. You guys should really give yourselves a pat on the back! More to follow and thanks again!

Robert

Trying to wrap this up so I can get everything sorted out.

I received a desert ironwood pen in a wooden case from Larry Pickering.

From Doug Swanson, I received a rosewood wine stopper, a maple and walnut bird house ornament, and a bubinga pen.

I know that there is one more item on the way and then this should get wrapped up!

Robert, thanks for the update. Sounds like the "hand turned section" of the auction will be varied and full!

Tom, in D'Ville, waiting for the group pic!!
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.