Thread: Hollowing system

Hollowing system

Has anyone used the Vicmarc hollowing system? I'm wondering how it compares to the Monster articulated system.

Articulated Hollowing - Monster vs. Vicmarc

I am interested in hearing everyones feedback as well. I have been flirting with getting an articulated arm tool, such as Monster. I didn't even realize that Vicmarc made a articulated hollowing tool. Based on pictures both systems look similar in design. I know there are a number of owners of Monster system here. Has anyone ever play with the Vicmarc system?

It seems that the weak point of any articulated arm as compared to a solid boring bar is the potential for vertical fluctuations/play in the joints, which would result in chatter. I would appreciate any feedback from owners on this. Do you experience any noticeable play at the joints of the tool while turning?

Thanks,
    Edward

Hello all. I have not used that type but I have a Rolly Munroe articulated hollowing tool and it works fine. The joints are solid and I've not been aware of any play. The cutter can be adjusted so fine that it would be difficult to get any chatter. However, even on heavy cutter settings there is no evidence of it.
    regards,

Denis
    The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there.