Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Claro Walnut Bowl

Thanks everyone. I did the bead freehand, that is one thing I would like to do a little better next time. Overall I am very pleased with the results. I have been inspired by most of you and the excellent work I see here.

Chris

I'll echo several of the previous posts... Fantastic form, beautiful wood, nice finish. The detail is 'just right'. Lovely proportions. It's just a great looking bowl.

Blog Entries

Claro Bowl

Hello Chris, Very nice work. The form is very appealing. I love to see a form that has instant appeal.

For what it's worth my crack, void, inclusion, mineral filling method is to dry pack sawdust or mineral into the crack tightly as possible and then carefully drip super thin CA over the crack. The CA wicks into the dry powder like water into a sponge. Watch carefully and be certain the sawdust or mineral is fully wet with CA. This process works best after the initial primer coats, and before the first sanding, as the primer prevents discoloration of the surrounding wood. I say primer because I hate sanding sealer. I tnink it is just an excuse not to sand properly; my opinion only.

Most little things like this require a little experience and then you get it right the first time--usually.
    David Woodruff

If you don't know where you're going, it doesn't matter how you get there.