I wear clean pants every day and don't bother with underwear. I may have misspoken though. I used the term green to mean cut, riven and stack dried, not kiln dried wood. Sorry if that threw anyone off. When you assemble bulbous joints that are prepared correctly they are pretty difficult to knock together, and I assume whatever shrinkage the rung undergoes afterward is matched by similar shrinkage in the leg or seat hole, I dunno.

What I do know is that joints made this way are exceedingly difficult to get apart even if they have little or no viable glue in them. I've resorted to glue injection many times with chairs made this way, and am consistently impressed with the strength and rigidity of these joints.

I've also made a lot of money over the years repairing wedge joints that have failed catastrophically right at the point of the vee cut for whatever reason, so I personally would not choose to build chairs using that method.

Again, not disparaging them, and I bet there's a wedgie camp out there just as supportive of using them as I am not. I've only seen the hundreds of legs that broke come in to my shop, not all the ones that didn't.

I'm just sayin....