Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you get your custom BS blades?

HAstings Saws

I've tried a lot of blade stock in my time and I always keep coming back to Lenox Carbon blades welded by Hastings Saws in Rohenert Park, CA. I find them to have the best selection and best quality blade stock. If you're a one man shop or a hobbiest the blades will last a long time. We have four bandsaws in our school shop and I have tried blades from just about every major manufacturer including Timberwolf and have found that for the money Lenox can't be beat.

The best blades at the most resonable price I have found are Lenox bands from the Spectrum Supply web site. They are IMO better than Timber Wolf and cheaper as well. The Kerfmaster is an excellent alternative to the Woodslicer (from Highland right there in ATL) and I think everybit as good and again cheaper.

You should call Louis at Iturra design in Jacksonville Fl - 866-883-8064. He sells it all and is one of the most knowledgeable on the subject of bandsaws. His bandsaw accessory catalog(250 pages) reads more like the bandsaw bible. Dino
    The lyf so short The craft so long to lerne

I was thinking of Highland

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    The best blades at the most resonable price I have found are Lenox bands from the Spectrum Supply web site. They are IMO better than Timber Wolf and cheaper as well. The Kerfmaster is an excellent alternative to the Woodslicer (from Highland right there in ATL) and I think everybit as good and again cheaper.
    If you're in the Atlanta area and haven't visited Highland Woodworking on Virginia Ave., you're missing a treat. Not a lot of machinery on display but lots of accessories, finishes, bits & blades and books and plans. I haven't been there for a couple years but that was a mandatory stop when I was in Atlanta. Their bandsaw blades can all be ordered any length you need.

I get all my blades from my local saw shop. I've been going to him for 35 years. Most of the sharpening is now being done by his son. They usually make up bandsaw blades while I wait. I think if a town the size of Bellingham has a quality saw shop you should be able to find one where you live. (actually there are several saw shops in this town). I think too many of us seem to depend on the national retailers instead of patronizing the local guys.