Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: How Far From Steve Schlumpf?...

All right, I'll play along. Google says 907 miles from here to there but YMMV.

Seriously though, thanks Steve for everything.
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Well, you better do it before September. If not you may get snowed in.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I'm 1,268 miles from Steve Schlumpf but it feels like he's right across the street.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Well, since I'm just east of Toronto, I'm glad Steve is only a mouse click away.

Steve, Google maps is telling my Harvey MI is up near Sault Ste Marie. Is that correct or is there another Harvery?

Glad to see everyone is having fun with this.... but the bad news is - most of you can't get to here from there. You have to go around!

Just for those of you who don't know where the greater Harvey metro area is located - here are a couple of links to maps.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Harvey&state=MI

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=harvey...ed=0CBgQ8gEwAA
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I can hear it now . . .

Good evening, and welcome back to WBS Evening News. I'm Rich Hedupmias. And I'm Suzy Fuloplastik.

We'd like to end the news tonight with a special story. Days ago all across this great land people started loading their tents and their tools into vehicles bearing bumper stickers reading "Got Curls?", "I brake for downed trees", and "Victim of the Vortex". They took to the road stopping at diners in small towns, and homes in cities to pick up other like minded folk for an adventure in a place some say you can't get to, but they did.

They arrived in twos and threes, the crowd swelling daily. There was no advertising, just word of mouth and . . . road trip on.

The gathering has come to be known as Schlumpfstock, and no one knows how large the crowd will be before this is over.

And this just in . . . we have confirmation that one John Hart has come out from under the stairs. He saw his shadow and forecast another six weeks of good turning weather.

(No offense intended to any news anchors. I just thought the names made the post more entertaining.)
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 08-05-2010 at 8:54 AM. Reason: Spelling dagnabit!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Priceless
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

That is perfect, Belinda!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Beautiful, Belinda, just beautiful. I, however, vote for Schlumpfapalooza...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Here are summaries of the effect of vaporized drugs on the brain...
    Inhalants, such as glue, gasoline, hair spray, and thinner, are sniffed on purpose or during work. The effect on the brain is almost immediate. And while some vapors leave the body quickly, others will remain for a long time. The fatty tissues protecting the nerve cells in the brain are destroyed by inhalant vapors. This slows down or even stops neural transmissions. Effects of inhalants include diminished ability to learn, remember, solve problems, and find their way to Steve's house.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Well that explains it Glenn. I didn't see lacquer in the list. That's why I made to Steve's basement.

...stumbling a bit....but I made it.
    ~john

Blog Entries

Steve Schlumph

Sounds more like he is up near the Arctic circle. This Schlumph thing is fun. Steve must feel honored, I know I would.

CNN is talking of views of the Northern lights and mentioned the UP of Mi. Steve tell us what you see up there
    David Woodruff

If you don't know where you're going, it doesn't matter how you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Beautiful, Belinda, just beautiful. I, however, vote for Schlumpfapalooza...
    I was working with a theme here, Mike. Wood STOCK . . . turning STOCK . . . there's no fapalooza in turning (or in baseball either).

I take that back. I think there is some major fapalooza in Mr. Keeton's lovely turnings.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Every day I read the new additions to this thread, and just laugh out loud.

What are the dates for Schlumpfstock again?

And, if there is a Mrs. Schlumpf, is she going to mind all of us camping in her yard and using her bathrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Schaewe View Post
    And, if there is a Mrs. Schlumpf, is she going to mind all of us camping in her yard and using her bathrooms?
    Bathrooms? We don't need no bathrooms!!
    ~john