48 13.30%
  • Sometimes - when I think of it

15 4.16%
  • Sometimes - but depends on what tools it is

44 12.19%
  • Rarely or Never

19 5.26%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How often do you unplug when servicing your tools?

Always!

Always when I get close to anything that moves and is sharp. I'm of the opinion that if something can go wrong it probably will for me. I'm not paranoid or anything but on the otherhand I want to be able to count to ten. As a pilot I've learned to stay ahead of the plane and that the two most important things are the next two things. I've had six "unscheduled" landings and broke my back once. Being careful is being smart even for a MAN. If it isn't plugged in it might not bite me.

Bob

there's not much to add to all those who comment/advocate that they disconnect power when servicing individual tools. like others here, my shop is all mobile. nothing is "permenantly" plugged in, so plugging and unplugging is natural my my operating sequence of events. plugs are pulled and, becaue i'm paranoid about safety, the safety key for that individual machine is also pulled. just the thought of my hand spinning off the arbor nut on my TS and it powering up with my hand holding the blade, always raises my safety consciousness.

Would you clean a loaded gun! You never know, stranger things happen. Its only a extra couple of seconds.