Thread: Gloat - Steel City Planer

Gloat - Steel City Planer

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tls/1892152160.html
    In case the listing disappears, it is a Steel City 40200H. I paid the asking price, didn't even haggle. It was missing the manual and the box, but has not been used. I've been prowling craigslist listings for a while, some of you answered my questions about about a 15" 220 volt Powermatic, but I'm not wired for 220, and honestly my shop is half of a two car garage so space is a premium, a lunchbox planer fits better.
    I had been hemming and hawing on a Rigid R4330 for a while, and then I saw this and jumped at it.
    Never thought I'd have a gloat.

Ya' done good !

Congrats !!

Bending the rules a little, and letting the CL photo stand in for your own, in your shop, photo;

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    Bending the rules a little, and letting the CL photo stand in for your own, in your shop, photo;
    I might be able to to get a picture in the back of my car. I have to finish my workbench, and build a stand for this bad boy now. I'm too embarrassed to photograph my shop at this stage.

Blog Entries
    Nice you suck sign Will.

Wow, brand new and 50% off. That's an awesome score and you most definitely suck.

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Awesome deal! I ponied up full price for the same planer and really like it (also fits my needs with 1/2 of a 2 car garage). Don't worry about not having a manual - my new unopened one in the box never had one.

Just in case you didn't realize it, the manual is available online from Steel City.

http://steelcitytoolworks.com/produc...00H_manual.pdf

since you were considering the 4330, this was a good choice. it's the same planer as the ridgid tp1300, but with a helical head. all the controls are in the same place and the manuals are identical, except for the parts that deal with the cutter head. ya done good!

Congrats. The jointer and planer really take yr work to whole nuther level. You'll love it. Just get yrself some earplugs

I have to agree with the others......
    YOU SUCK!!
    Good goin'