Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
www.sturdysafe.com

It's what I have and it's probably the best you'll do you security and fire protection until you get into the really serious safes that are way more than you want to spend. Don't let the simple paint jobs and no frills fool you. This is a VERY serious safe considering it's a "consumer" safe, not a rated safe for insurance purposes. It's significantly better than most of the other gun safes out there, IMHO.
i was going to post a link to them. their document safe within the main safe is a very nice touch. i agree that they're about as good as you can get until you step up to a commercial safe. most home safes are actually classified as "residential security containers."

one other reason to bolt down...a loose safe can easily be overturned by putting a prybar between the safe and the wall near the top. the bottoms are usually 12 gauge, which can be cut open with an axe without too much difficulty.

oh, and i hate thieves. the treatment of thieves is one thing out middle eastern neighbors get right.