Thread: Teenager out of retirement

Teenager out of retirement

For the summer, that is. My 14 yr old son, Max, took a break from my very hot shop to do what kids like to do. (Mostly swimming for him). nikon camera 1011.jpgnikon camera 986.jpgHe got back in the shop about 2 weeks ago and started finishing out some roughed pieces. Here is a small cherry burl NE that he has completed. It's 4" across and almost 4" tall.Max's Turnings 306.jpgMax's Turnings 308.jpgMax's Turnings 310.jpgMax's Turnings 305.jpg

here's a mini bird house that he turned back in the springMax and his turnings 088.jpg

and here is Max with Bill Grumbine at last years turning symposium in Helen, Ga. This year Max will be following Bill's footsteps by doing some demo work for Easywood Tools at this years symposium.Max and his turnings 003.jpg

We are very proud of him.
    .........Tony.........

That is just to cool Tony. Tell Max those are some beauties. Really nice turnings.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Tony, would appear to me that young Max Greenway needs to be an SMC member with his own avatar. He is more than ready to join in here! Good work.

Congrats to Max and his proud father!

WOW - 14 already! Time flies!

Good to hear that Max was able to get out and enjoy his summer! Nothing better than swimming when you're a kid!

Looks like Max has not lost his touch! Nice work on everything! That's pretty cool that he is going to do demos at the next symposium! I am happy for you both!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I can't even imagine the stuff he will be turning at 24. Pretty cool.

That's an awesome post!! You'll never regret it, and neither will he!! Good times together with your son... Priceless!
    Nice shot of him and Bill, too! Thanks for an uplifting post!!
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Blog Entries
    Good on you Tony for giving him the opportunity and good on Max for seizing it those projects looks pretty good to me. Bill must be slipping he is not holding up his traditional 'rabbit ears'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf