Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC WW Show Breakfest

KC WW Show Breakfest

I stole this infor from another post... so sue me....

It's that time of year again. The Kansas City Woodworking Show is coming March 4-6, 2005. Continuing the tradition started during the Badger Pond days, WoodCentralians descending upon Kansas City will join for breakfast before the show opens on Saturday, March 5. I believe we had 15 plus join in the fun last year. All WoodCentral folks are invited (yes, Power Tool gang included!).

This year, we will meet at the Le Peep Restaurant at College Blvd. and Metcalf Ave. in Overland Park. Our reservations start at 8 AM. Le Peep is at the far west end of the strip shops on the northwest corner of College (about 111th street) and Metcalf. The KC WW show is just minutes away.

I would like a head count if you can join us. This will make sure we have adequate seating. Please e-mail me directly (bward@burnsmcd.com)if you would like to join us. I can probably answer general questions here (on Hand Tools, as I don't check the "Power Tool" side too often) if you have any.

Please see "The Woodworking Shows" website for more details about the show. I believe admission is $9 this year, but that gets you in all three days. You can get a $1 off the admission if you register on-line. I think mail promotions also have an admisstion discount.

In addition to the KC WW Show, Overland Tool will also be having their annual winter show/sale. This place is power tool heaven with everything from cordless tools to commercial equipment. They are in Lenexa at approximately 79th and Nieman. The (Lenexa) Woodcraft Store is also close by at 87th and Bluejacket (close to I-35). Both locations are about 15 minutes from the KC WW Show.

I'm not affiliated with any of the above, blah, blah, blah.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Sounds good to me. No reason to go a different route. Terry Hatfield and I will plan on making it.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Diemer
    Sounds good to me. No reason to go a different route. Terry Hatfield and I will plan on making it.
    We do???...oh ya...We do. Looking foward to seeing everyone again!!!!!!!!

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Met Jack before. He actually let me come and look through his shop when I was "borrowing" ideas. I look forward to seeing him again, and meeting the rest of you.

I met Andy Haney about a week and half ago. I be there, as I would like to meet some of the wood workers in this area.

I need to see if I am going to be any kind of woodworker or just a piddler with wood
    Last edited by Randy Moore; 02-15-2005 at 7:04 PM.
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Randy,

Hi I am a fellow Olathean. We'll have to hook up. I've been friends with Jack for many years, and a few years back was able to meet Terry. These forums have been nice for that.

Andy, feel free to hit me up and take a look at where Jack learned everything he knows . I have one of the most efficient shops around these parts considering what I have packed into a 300sqft basement shop.

Good thing is I break ground soon on a new house and dedicated shop (1008sqft), not big from many standards here on the forum, but at over 3x what I have today, I'll be in heaven.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Scott. John and I will be there. Where was your info from your post stolen from?

Scott,

Thanks for the heads up!!

I'll be there 8 am sharp......maybe even earlier!!!

Look forward to meeting all you SMC'er personally!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Scott. John and I will be there. Where was your info from your post stolen from?
    A big group of Neanderthals originally from Badger Pond have always set this up. They still post on the hand tool forum on Woodcentral. Really nice guys, but all that talk about $100 planes they think they stole from Ebay always has me scratchin my head after the breakfast. Heck, I can't even use a coping saw without hurting myself. I learned a long time ago, that if it doesn't have a motor that does all the work, I'm in trouble.

As for Scott comment about teaching me everything I know...............The only thing he taught me was how to spend all my hard earned money on woodworking.
    Last edited by Jack Diemer; 02-15-2005 at 11:21 PM.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

A big group of Neanderthals originally from Badger Pond have always set this up. They still post on the hand tool forum on Woodcentral. Really nice guys, but all that talk about $100 planes they think they stole from Ebay always has me scratchin my head after the breakfast. Heck, I can't even use a coping saw without hurting myself. I learned a long time ago, that if it doesn't have a motor that does all the work, I'm in trouble.

As for Scott comment about teaching me everything about woodworking...............The only thing he taught me was how to spend all my hard earned money on woodworking.
    Jack,

I'll bring a couple of them planes and let you cut yourself...er....try them out!!! Then you'll be hooked and surfin' Ebay 20 hours a day.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's just what he needs, someone else to help him spend his money.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

As for Scott comment about teaching me everything I know...............The only thing he taught me was how to spend all my hard earned money on woodworking.
    Yep. I been there the last three years eating breakfast with the guys. Ernie Miller is usually my contact for breakfast get togethers. Is he attending this year??

Scott,

I think that I am going to have my schedule cleared so that I can attend breakfast and the show, but my question is do we need to e-mail Bward@burnsmcd.com for reservations? Or are you taking care of this non-woodworking project.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

I am leaving your reservations up to each of you. I just wanted to make sure you knew about it. Sorry, my schedule lately has me where I would not be able to pay that much attention to detail.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Scott, I'll be there.