Thread: Another toy walking robot

Another toy walking robot

This one's a bit more complex than my last one. It took quite a bit of trial and error to get everything moving smoothly. It features a variable speed geartrain which brings the leg forward for the next step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHLvUa2zu9k

Dave
    Epilog Profile 25 watt w/rotary, Homemade CNC, Vinyl Cutter, VCarve 4, Corel X3, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

Nice, are you willing to share the design?

Nice bit of mechanics there Dave, smooth movement of the robot too. Well done.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Great Job! Nice movement.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 60 Watt,
    Electrox 20 Watt,
    CorelDraw x6,

Kind of looks like Boston Dynamics BigDog's puppy not grown up yet. But has a definite "kewl" factor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1czBcnX1Ww
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks, I saw a wooden version and knew I had to make one. I especially like the variable gearing...something I'd never had thought of.

Dave
    Epilog Profile 25 watt w/rotary, Homemade CNC, Vinyl Cutter, VCarve 4, Corel X3, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.