Thread: Delta 46-542-P?

Delta 46-542-P?

Anyone familiar with this unit? I just bought it for 300.00 with a delta duplicator, in shiny like new condition..
    Kinda makes my 1460 seem pretty wobbly.
    Any input would be super..thanks!

not a gloat.

really just wanted to hear what others thought about this machine.
    I wish I could figure out how to delete posts.
    I would.

John,

If anybody was familiar with the lathe, I'm sure they would comment. Don't be upset.

As I'm unfamiliar with that model, I can't comment.

Congratulations on the new lathe. May it serve you well!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 10-26-2010 at 2:47 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bottom line is: If it works well for you, not too important what others think...
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the sour grapes..

Thanks everyone, I apologize for being so salty, I guess some of this task that pays for toys has flavored my mood from time to time, I am really actually thankful for all of your time, and replies even if they are I don't know's or plain old good advice, like who cares what others think, etc,
    as I said thanks very much just the same.

Did a little research

John, I did some research and found a little bit about the lathe. It looks like a well built unit and I think the reeves drive on it, is one of the better ones out there. The copying part is a good thing if you are going to do table legs and repeated spindles. I did find one that was in pretty great shape at a machine refurbishing and resale company that was listed for $950.00 so if you only paid $300 for yours I believe you made a great purchase. Now it will be up to you to do a good comprehensive test and review of it for us. You will now become the goto guy for the 46-452.

There are tons of lathes out there that many of us have never seen so we all are in the blind sometimes.

Keep the faith,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown