Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gluing cork to tile

Yeah, Dan, it would still look like crap. I am now thinking I need to make a small tray, maybe out of black acrylic or wood. The bottom is not as ugly as the sides of the tiles, which are made to hold the mud, but look bad. Perhaps sanding them down....

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    I use the laser to cut circles from the cork, and place it into the corners inside the squares, then just about anything will work, though I prefer
    E6000 adhesive.
    Hey Joe,
    Man you took the wind out of my sails. Early bird gets the worm.

So yes Dee, E6000 is the way to go. I have glued slate, granite, marble, ceramic, and wood to expanded PVC and the only problem was the glue held so good that the slate broke/separated apart on one and the glue held the back of the slate to the PVC. So they got a different brand that did not separate as easily. Glue joint is stronger than product.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=