Thread: EM6000 spray Nozzle size

EM6000 spray Nozzle size

I also posted this at Target's forum. I have been spraying EM6000 with a Menards gravity cup sprayer with a 1.4 nozzle set and getting fair results. I have acquired a used Capspray 9100 4 stage turbine I want to start using. What is the recommended nozzle size to use with EM6000 and also with WB Shellace sealer. Thanks for the help.

The stock #3 (1.3mm) needle set that comes with the Maxim II gun works just fine for me, using the 3-stage cs8100 to shoot EM6000. I don't shoot a sealer, haven't needed it for my work.

I'd recommend getting a few extra checkvalves for that gun, they tend to get fouled and need replaced (or cleaned) at the worst time. I now use the 3M-PPS system with that gun, which eliminates the checkvalve, but adds other consumables expense.

-jon-
    Happiness is a shiny new 3520b, and a reversing Jet 1220 for backup.
    Wading into the shavings, waving a fistful of Thompson gouges.
    Too new to be scared, too excited to think twice.

Thanks for the quick response, I am hoping to spray today. Nothing like planning ahead.

I use a 1.2 in my Walcom setup and it sprays fine.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

I use the "3 Aircap Set #3H" for my Fuji Q4 to spray Em6000 and EM9000SC.
    It is listed as 1mm.
    I originally was using the "4 Aircap Set #4H" listed as 1.4mm and would have an occasional problems wiht that size.

Jim