Thread: Mark this forum read

Question Mark this forum read

A little question/suggestion about this wonderful site. It would save a step or two if the "Mark this Forum Read" button also changed the focus to the "Saw Mill Creek" root directory.

Perhaps I'm using this differently than other people or perhaps I'm not using it correctly. When I'm done with a forum, I click on the "Mark this Forum Read," then have to click to go back to the root directory. Could this be streamlined in the software?

A small thing, but each time I do it I wish I could save a step.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

John,

What I do is use the "view new posts" in the upper right corner under your name.

That gives all posts since I was here last, with the related threads. If I us only this I miss nothing.

I hope this helps
    Ken
    "And now for something completely different..."

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

My way

Ken Dolph has the most efficient method of getting to all your un-read posts. On the SMS Home page click the "View New Posts" link where all posts that you have not read will be listed. View those you wish to and when finished "refresh" the screen in case any new posts were made while you were using this feature. After viewing the posts of interest to you - click "mark all forums read" at the bottom of the listing which will take you back to SMC Home.

p.s. Another tip: No matter what page in the Forums you are on you can click on the SawMill Creek Logo (top left of any page) which will take you to the SMC Home Page.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 05-16-2003 at 6:37 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Thanks for your suggestions

That will save me a few steps, I appreciate it.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate