Thread: Coreldraw - Creating the Stahls SimStitch look on Twill

Coreldraw - Creating the Stahls SimStitch look on Twill

Hi All,

I'm trying to create the SimStitch look in Corel, but I'm stuck on how to do it. Basically it's a zigzag stitch applied to the path of an object.

Once I can create the graphic, I want to cut the outside with the laser while the inside of the zig-zag is just scribed on the Twill to make it look like it's a sewn on applique.

Anyone know how to achieve this effect? Please see the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ULS VLS 3.50
    Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter
    Roland SP540V
    Hotronix 16x20 Swingaway Press

I actually figured out a couple of thing that might work....

1)Use the distort tool and used the "Zipper 1" preset. Then increased the frequency and amplitude.

2)The other thing that worked was making a couple of Ws, move them together and then applied the text to path. Moved it to the center and then kept typing Ws until it looped around.

I read something about creating a artistic brush stroke, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Anyways, I'll keep playing with this.
    ULS VLS 3.50
    Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter
    Roland SP540V
    Hotronix 16x20 Swingaway Press

Joseph........have you tried the Pen tool? That is what I use to make dotted lines and I know you can create your own pattern of line.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Joseph

In the thread linked below, Roy Brewer has a you tube video on fitting objects to a path. It may be helpful.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=149345
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Joseph,

I think there's a tutorial on coreltips dot com , that simulated embroidered stitches, using the outline tool.
    Linda Tetreault
    Laser Impressions
    Epilog Mini 45 watt
    Corel X5

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    There is a link here to a place to a free download to do something like what you want.
    http://graphics-unleashed.unleash.co...=Yahoo%21+Mail
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

I would try to use the blending tool. First create the pattern for the cutline, like a rim of a stamp and additionally triangles for the zig-zag and then use your shape as blending path

Andrea

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen