Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thanks Robert Rozaieski

Thumbs up thanks Robert Rozaieski

I had some free time this evening and was "loitering" around the forum, reading some of the older creeker interviews. So I run into the interview of Robert and subsequently his videos on blip.tv. wow! what a treat, he has a whole series of full length videos on various handtools techniques etc. Just do a search for handtoolstechniques on blip.tv and you will run into the Logan Cabinet Shop. I need to make a work bench soon (have the legs all glued up and dimensioned) and am going through his videos on work bench construction.

Robert from one neander to another, a big thanks for all the time you put into making those videos.
    Last edited by Zahid Naqvi; 11-23-2010 at 4:16 PM.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

His videos are great! The most recent was on how to make a marking gauge. He's the only video podcaster I know of who is doing videos on tool making. Keep em coming man!

Robert Rozeiski is really good and a treat for anyone who is into woodworking.

I too, am a big fan of Bob's Blog/Podcasts.

He is so methodical and thorough in his coverage of handtool use and methodology.

If I was wearing a hat, I'd take it off in his honor!

Jim

Thanks to Bob indeed. "Everything I know, I learned from him".

Timely post. I just discovered his web site yesterday and watched several of his videos. Enjoyed them and look forward to viewing the rest of his videos. He is very practical and covers a wide range of hand tool related themes.

I've enjoyed them as well. I'm good at understanding things simply from reading, but oftentimes with the woodworking stuff it really helps to be able to see it demonstrated.

I haven't been able to watch many of the videos yet, but the ones I have watched were very helpful.

Dustin

Thanks guys! For me they're just fun to do. I enjoy teaching and woodworking, so it makes sense for me to put the two together. I'm glad that people find them useful and/or entertaining. And as always, if there's something specific you'd like to see, just let me know and I'll do my best to get it on the site .

I'm a long time fan of Bob's. Congratulations are in order as I understand Bob will be contributing articles for Popular Woodworking Magazine in the coming year to be published in the Arts & Mysteries column.

Congrats Bob!

It's great to see real talent be recognized and exposed to an audience hungry for the skills and experience you have.

All the best,

Mike

I looked up the site the other day after seeing this post and so far am impressed. Trying to start at the beginning and work my way through, so far at #4 and am impressed. Good information for all skills, keeps it educational and not pushy, keep up the great work!

Blog Entries
    Bob how bout a block front chest series
    for some reason a cherry block front of some sort keeps coming to mind for me so I may have to give one a go soon, I may already have a source for some 8/4 cherry so that may be the motivation right there.

I am looking forward to the wooden square episode that I here is coming.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Blog Entries
    My thanks also, I find a lot of information at your site when I take the time to visit.

Just watched your sawing video and it is sure to help me do a bit better on the ripping.

It is kind of funny that I kind of figured this out for the back saw cutting, but didn't bring it over to my rip saw cutting.

Sometimes just being told that what is right for one cut is also right for the other cut is needed. It is kind of like the slap to the forehead or the whack up the side of the head.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My thanks also, I find a lot of information at your site when I take the time to visit.

Just watched your sawing video and it is sure to help me do a bit better on the ripping.

It is kind of funny that I kind of figured this out for the back saw cutting, but didn't bring it over to my rip saw cutting.

Sometimes just being told that what is right for one cut is also right for the other cut is needed. It is kind of like the slap to the forehead or the whack up the side of the head.

jtk
    Absolutely....I watched the sawing video last week and have made a number of rip cuts since with my rip saw since. Even though I havent made a saw bench yet and I am still ripping vertically with the vise...I can tell that when I align my dominant (left) eye with the cut line, I not only stay closer to or right on the line easier, but I also maintain much close to square on the cut.
    That which does not kill you will likely raise your insurance premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Zilis View Post
    ICongratulations are in order as I understand Bob will be contributing articles for Popular Woodworking Magazine in the coming year to be published in the Arts & Mysteries column.
    o rly? Well played, Mr. Schwarz, well played indeed. It's really time for me to re-up my subscription to that magazine...

And I'd like to add my voice to the chorus: keep up the excellent work, Bob! I've found your podcast to be inspiring, entertaining, and educational. Your woodworking is excellent, too!
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers --
    joined in the serious business of keeping our food,
    shelter, clothing and loved ones from combining
    with oxygen.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

15. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Zilis View Post
    I understand Bob will be contributing articles for Popular Woodworking Magazine in the coming year to be published in the Arts & Mysteries column.

Congrats Bob!
    Thanks again everyone! I was really honored and quite surprised when Chris asked me to write a few articles for the column. Even though he's been away for awhile, to me, it's Adam's column and always will be. While I have been working with Chris trying to come up with some things that I think might interest readers, I'll never be able to contribute in the way that Adam has. His writing, his knowledge and his ideas are in a whole other league. I'm just honored to have been asked to fill in from time to time while Adam is away.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gibson View Post
    Bob how bout a block front chest series
    for some reason a cherry block front of some sort keeps coming to mind for me so I may have to give one a go soon

I am looking forward to the wooden square episode that I here is coming.
    I don't know how soon I'll be doing a block front, unless someone commissions me to build one for them. I don't have an immediate need for one myself.

But I am going to be doing a ball & claw lowboy along with continuing the work on the entertainment center. The lowboy should be a lot of fun. Not exactly a beginner project, but something that someone at what I would consider an intermediate level should be able to tackle. There will be more cabriole leg work, a bunch of carving (ball & claw feet, something on the knees, and a shell or fan on the lower center drawer), some lipped drawers, moldings, should be a lot of fun to build. I already have some of the B&C work done from the recent carving demo I did for the Central Jersey Woodworker's Association. But I botched one of the feet and won't be able to repair it, so it became a practice leg. That means I have to do a whole new one, which means I'll have the opportunity to podcast the leg carving, and the rest of the project. I'll probably be doing the foot carving during my vacation time around Christmas.

Wooden square should be in a week or so. I'm still not at the next podcast worthy point in the entertainment center to film that, so the next entertainment center show will likely be a few more weeks.
    Last edited by Robert Rozaieski; 11-24-2010 at 9:58 PM.