Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Bowl

Beautiful bowl and beautiful wood. Great combo.

I keep looking at this thing. Wow. What part of the tree did this come from? I have a large cotton wood right beside my shop. If this thing gets blown down like some of my oaks did, I'll know what to look for. Thanks

Wood colored swimming pool!! WOW

very nice.....

Ron,
    Like everyone else has said, incredible piece of cottonwood. I have seen it before that had quilting but nowhere near the quilting in that piece.
    Mike Mahoney did a presentation at my local woodturning club meeting last year using a piece of quilted cottonwood. He told us that by looking at the bark he can usually tell if the wood will be quilted or not. I would make a visual note in the back of your head on what the bark on that piece looked like, because its a keeper
    "There is nothing more dangerous than a resourcful idiot".....Dilbert

Unbelievable quilt, the bowl appears to be on fire. Great form and awesome photography!

Wow, that quilting is incredible - truly eye candy if I've ever seen any... and Cottonwood you say!!! For the pain and frustration of what that wood does to me, I'd put up with it if I knew that was the reward waiting inside for me

mike