Thread: Delta Band Saw

Delta Band Saw

I am looking for a band saw and this one is on CL and would like to know what a fair price would be and any info about the saw the seller does not know the model number or age.bandsaw2.jpg

Fair? $200. Steal $100. Overpriced $400. I dont have any specific info, but some comments. Generally the open stand Deltas were 3/4 horse which is fine for most general work, but somewhat underpowered for major resaw work. If you add a riser at some point and decide to do lots of large resaw, it will do it, but it will be slow going. Also the open stand models are not as solid as the closed stand base saws, and that stand can add some vibration, but you can add a lower shelf and add plywood to the area the saw bolts to, if there are problems with vibration. Im not trying to scare you away from this saw, they are wonderful machines, but just had some thoughts and you asked. HTH
    Last edited by Lance Norris; 11-25-2010 at 9:08 AM.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

your question is kind of like asking what to pay for a ford, but the model and age aren't known. at a minimum, the model number should be obtained. failing that, start the offers at $100. i wouldn't, given the open base, no fence and apparently no miter gauge, offer much more than between $200 and $250.

Blog Entries
    I would probably pay $200 (no more) if it appeared to have been used but not abused. If abused I would mentally start subtracting things like new tires, possibly a spring or guides. If the frame, trunnions and table are good any upgrades (like a good fence, guides, link-belt, etc.) would be the same as many lower priced new 14" saws require. New blades are consumables that you would buy for any saw so I wouldn't fuss over that. JMHO.

I was kind of thinking around $200 also.

I just helped a friend pick up a similiar saw. His was the 28-203F with closed base and 3/4 HP motor. It seems to be running good but needs new tires and a new thrust bearing. No fence or t-square was with the machine.

He paid $250 for it off CL in the Chicago area. Not a steal but a fair price.
    Wood'N'Scout

I paid $200 for a similar Jet, but mine already had the riser block on it.

Mine needed a lot of little things like thrust bearings and such, though.
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

That is an import Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    That is an import Delta.
    Doesn't look like the imports I have seen. Ask seller to look on backside of saw, at the top and see if there is a decal. If so, ask what is says. Hopefully it says "Made in USA. On CL here is same saw, with some table rust for $250, but it has been there since Nov 17th. Ad has a contact phone #, so that tells me it hasn't sold. That means it's over priced. $100 - $175 is more in line, IMHO.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 11-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.