Thread: Any Woodburners out there ?

Any Woodburners out there ?

When I went to my local woodturners meeting a few weeks ago we had a lady turner/and woodburner. I really liked her burning technique when added to her bowls. It added a nice touch and I would like to try it but not sure where to start. She gave me some nice pointers about tips and tools but I would like to see if others use any burning on their items and if it is hard to master?
    Donny

I've done a bit of burning, but I'm no expert on it. You might want to spend some time in the turning forum, since many turners do some burning work. It's not really difficult to do ... but of course that depends heavily on how fancy the work is that you want to do, and to some extent your artistic ability. A lot can be done without much particular skill once you learn a few tricks. Check out some of the books and videos out there.

I watched a good woodburning dvd yesterday (with a slant toward woodturning). It is Brian McEvoy's embellishment video, which can be found here: http://www.onegoodturn.ca/

Daily practice

culminating in about 8 cord/year!

Seems there are fewer and fewer pyrographers as lasers take over many of the functions of wood burning.