Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Doin's?

Question Weekend Doin's?

Howdy and a good Friday morning to you all,

Today is a big day for the Lasley household. Son and very pregnant DIL are on their way to the hospital. The Dr is inducing labor this morning, so before the day is over we should have a new grandson. I guess this qualifies as a mega GLOAT!!

Other than the activities associated with new grandson I will be continuing work on his crib. I'm definately under the gun now!

So what's going on in your world this weekend?

Have a great weekend and Memorial Day,
    Bob

Congratulations, Bob! It should be a "memorable" weekend for you...

Mine will be slightly more mundane with more kitchen cabinetry on tap. If a good friend ever gets the dimensions and profile to me, I may also be milling up a new threshold for his bathroom remodel, too. And a good friend is getting her masters "officially" on Sunday, so that will be a nice day for a lot of folks important to me.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congratulations Bob. Grandkids are great. I too, am working on a crib this weekend and I'm taking next week off of work to work on it. This one is for our house and is my second crib, first one was for my grandson in Indianapolis,IN, for when they visit and future grandchildren. BTW, best part about grandchildren is that when you get tired of them, you get to return them to the parents.

Talking Congrats

Congradulations, Grandpa! We have one grandkid and another on the way.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I told everyone that all projects are on hold until further notice. It's time to fix and tweek a myriad of problems in my shop that have been bugging me. Better dust collection for my SCMS, a new base cabinet for my drill press (see below), better wheels on the router table, and finally readjusting the wing on my TS. Al in all, it's going to be nice to "do for me" for a change.

All - have a safe Memorial Day...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Congrat Bob !!!! Now....get off that PC and get yourself to the hospital to see that baby..!!!!

Nothing fancey planned this weekend. Terry and I are going to KC for a short visit and then my family and I will travel back to Conway. Church on Sunday and relax over Monday.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Meeting Some Good Ole Boys

Terry Hatfield and Dennis Peacock are coming to KC to test one of the DE systems. Eating BBQ and enjoying the three day weekend.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Well, for the first time in quite a while, I'm hoping to get in some decent shop time this weekend. Soccer season is over, the kids will be gone, and SWMBO wants to just chill out and relax. I have to get the veggie garden planted (way too late this year), and I have to crank up the chipper and dispose of some scrub trees in the back yard. Then it's off to the shop, where I hope to:

1. Finish relacing the insulation the new puppy tore out of the dog room in the basement, and putting up some OSB on the walls so he doesn't do that again. (I'll attempt to put a picture of him at the end of this message...)

2. Finish my table saw outfeed table. All that's left is to rout the clearance slots for the miter gauge.

3. Install the router plate in the righ-hand extension table on my table saw.

4. Install the replacement switch for my Powermatic Model 54 jointer. The original one was posessed - it didn't like to stay in the "off" position, preferring to turn the machine on at random times.

5. Build my drill press table. Bought a hardware kit and plans at the Atlanta WW show a few months ago.

Oh, and here's the picture of the new puppy and his big brother.

(Sorry, but I couldn't get the picture to show up in the body of the message. The link works, though.)

The big yellow lab is named Murphy - he's 6 1/2 and weighs about 90 pounds. He'd be a perfect shop dog - he's just about sawdust colored and he doesn't mind loud noise - but he insists on laying down right at my feet. I can't tell you how many times I've tripped over him, and a mobile trip hazard is not a good thing to have in the shop.

The little guy is named Hunter. He appears to be a full-blooded English Pointer, but he came from the pound without any papers. We're guessing he's about 5 months old. We've had him for about a week and a half. His favorite hobbies are bugging his new big brother, jumping on people and furniture, and shredding fiberglass insulation.
    Last edited by Sam Chambers; 05-23-2003 at 10:48 AM.
    Sam/Atlanta

Talking New Grandson congrats

Bob
    Congratulations to the new Grandpa!
    Katy and I are anxiously waiting for our daughter to present our first grandson to us on or about June 10 also.
    Katy and I are both happy and excited for you. G-d Bless
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Congrats Bob
    As for me there will be very little work this weekend, my nextdoor neighbor has a party on Memorial day weekend starting Friday and ending Monday. On Saturday there will be about 5 bands starting at about 4pm including jazz, rock, blues and some solo acoustic acts ending with the allstar band at about 11-11:30. A campfire follows with acoustic music till the wee hours of the morning. Then on Sunday we start over and by Monday I throw them out. Have a good weekend everyone.
    Anthony

Talking WooHoo, more kids to welcome to the world!!!

Congratulations!!!! Happy days again!!
    Dance recitals, fly fishing, dance recitals, draw up new contract, and church. Back to work Monday an hour away from the house...Oh well, that's how I make money...constructing buildings.
    Shop time is in the winter....I do a fall cleaning.

shop is in turmoil

This is actually day 3 of a 6-day weekend for me. I am in the process of installing the long overdue interior walls in my shop.

After completing this task, I will be taking a long look at the layout of my shop and possibly start building either a new, 12' bench with shelving above, or attempt to build some cabinets in place with drawers and doors and a shelving unit above (kind of similar to Norm's workshop storage wall).

Sunday will a trip to Indy for the 500. Probably relax and cook out on Monday.

keithz

BTW, congrats Bob.
    Last edited by keith zimmerman; 05-23-2003 at 7:50 PM.
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.

been on vacation since wed. finishing up the little barn,,,getting some yard work done,,,,I hope to get my shop cleaned up,,,,,
    Mike

13. Clean up the shop a little and practice playing my saw. May begin getting my tools shined up a little in preparation for putting them on the market in the not so distant furure.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Don,

I hope you're not considering retiring from woodworking...... Dave.

Unhappy No Shop time

The Big 40 for LOML! On the way haome from dinner with the inlaws the rear main seal went out of the Blazer! Tomorrow it is off for a day of spoiling LOML. I'll wory about the motor next week.

Congrats on the Grandchild!
    After three boys my Dad is firmly wraped around his 3 grandaughters' fingers.

Have a safe and happy holiday.
    Last edited by Charles McKinley; 05-24-2003 at 1:16 AM.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery