Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desk for a Granddaughter

Great desk Lee!
    BTW, every time I see your avatar picture, it makes me bummed I'm not out hunting! Just missed out on deer season due to work, but I'd take pheasant or quail instead
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

That is a beautiful desk. I bet she has that for a long long time. Good job
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

Very Nice Work Lee. Furniture for Family Members is a lot of fun and rewarding, isn't it?
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Nice ideas! Great oak desk build! I'm pretty far along to be researching designs. I saw Danny's design and it just clicked for me. It's a strong design, and the kids will not outgrow it. When they head off to college, it's theirs. Plenty of room too tuck a workstation computer under, lots if room to spread work out on top if it. And it's so good looking! Ok, that part was subjective... . I got the drawers built and installed. All that remains is to install top and drawer facements, add beading to top and it's off to the spray booth (the other side if the garage where my wife is waiting to stain it). The other desk is not yet assembled, but ALL of the parts are cut, shaped, and sanded... More like a kit now.

Mike

Nice desk, I like the design and finish. This something that will be treasured. Fill use in on the history/meaning of the penny.
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

I like this desk and I bet it will be around for a long time, because of the way it is made, and because WHO made it for her.

Very nice desk Lee! I like the simple design and it should function well for the Granddaughter.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Now that is one that'll be passed down through the generations! Great work (and very gratifying I'm sure!).
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bullock View Post
    Nice desk, I like the design and finish. This something that will be treasured. Fill use in on the history/meaning of the penny.
    I started putting in a penny years ago as a means to tell when a project was made. The penny is counted as pretty worthless to most folks so it is unlikely that anyone will ever take the trouble to dig one out on a project I make. By inserting a penny of the current year into a project you can always determine when the project was made. I also have a wood branding iron with my name on it so you can tell who made it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Nice work, Lee!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...