View Poll Results: Which did you spend the most on?

Voters
1162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Band Saw

122 10.50%
  • Dust Collector

58 4.99%
  • Drill Press

4 0.34%
  • Jointer

50 4.30%
  • Lathe

200 17.21%
  • Planer

77 6.63%
  • Sander/Surfacer

43 3.70%
  • Shaper

9 0.77%
  • Table Saw

506 43.55%
  • Other

93 8.00%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Which piece of equipment did you spend the most on?

Okay, with the onslaught of late voters, we're about to crest 600. Just ten votes away. Who hasn't voted?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blum Mini-Press. Hinge drill, insertion machine with multi-spindle drilling abilities. Big $$$$.

601 !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Shameless thread promotion!!! I like it, watch for an old Van poll to pop up, it didn't even make 300, but I am gonna fix that...

I was wondering what the highest number of votes received on a poll was... I posed the question to the "higher up" but never received a response. Did some research and didn't find anything over 300, but didn't see your Poll thread either. So, I'm sure there are a lot more "polls" that I didn't find.

Shameless promotion? C'mon, dude, I've been doing that since about 100 votes! Heck, I even made sure that the spinny guys saw this thread. I think a lot of them stay away from the General WWing section...mostly flatboard stuff going on there. Ever since I made the spinny guys aware of the thread, Lathe #'s soared.

If I made the Neanders aware, Other would skyrocket, but they's be voting for a hand plane or something...not really equipment, so it would throw the poll off.

Anyone know what the highest is? No, it doesn't really matter, but it's fun...for me at least.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Bump.

Hehe, that was for you, Van.

Looks like we're leveling out. Unless we get some serious traffic, I don't think 700 is gonna happen. Of course, I didn't think 400 would happen after we hit 300 either...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Bump again, because I see that people are still voting, but without replies to the thread, it gets lost in pages gone by. Unfortunately, a vote does not keep the thread "alive".
    I drink, therefore I am.

I just voted for "Other". That "Other" being my new (just ordered last week) Incra LS Super System router table with Woodpecker Sidewider Lift. I inherited my classic Craftsman table saw from my father-in-law and added a 50" Vega fence and upgraded to an Osborne miter gauge, so it's now a pretty decent saw at an outstanding cost. My workbench would certainly be my most expensive piece of equipment if I had bought it. I inherited this handmade beauty from my father-in-law as well.
    Stew's Workbench.jpg
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

I previously voted dust collector and that's probably still true if you count the electrical and ductwork to support it. However my Jointer/Planer was close to 2x the cost of the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I previously voted dust collector and that's probably still true if you count the electrical and ductwork to support it. However my Jointer/Planer was close to 2x the cost of the DC.
    It just hit me that if you include tooling it could really change the results. My table saw blades added in would double the price of my PM2000, and my router bits probably cost 4-5 times what my most expensive router/lift cost. Though I am not a turner I know guys with even high end lathes that have as much or more invested in lathe tools/chucks etc. Though I voted sander if tooling is consider the sander is going to near the back of the bus, well behind even my router table.

Another bump for you Mike, from the guy that bumped his own CLOSED poll... I am an idiot that is the only poll I ever started that I put an end date on.

Jointer for mine. And mainly because shelix heads are sooooo expensive here down under in Australia.

The country known as Washington (a/k/a The State of Washington)

A managery

It'd be tight between my 3hp Oneida Gorilla Cyclone and my 3hp Unisaw with a Unifence on a 52" table, a Merlin splitter, a Jet Kick-down rear support roller table and an Excalibur over-arm shield and dust extractor. Of course, add to that about twenty-five blades, including an adjustable and a shim type dado and a Craftsman molder head.

Or, you could consider my Twinkie Mobil, an old Hostess Gruman step van

So, Kelly, did you vote DC or Table saw? I hope you didn't vote other based on the van...I was kinda talking about wwing machines.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I voted other. Jet 12" jointer/planer combo. Table saw is close 2nd - Delta contractor saw w/Jessem sliding table. If I had to do it again, I'd buy a cabinet saw - on the other hand, at the time I didn't have 220 V in the shop, & I really wanted a sliding table. Jointer/planer was a birthday gift - not something I really needed, but it sure is nice

Sorry, Van, but I needed to do another shameless plug...

I really didn't think I'd be saying this but we are at 691! We can't land shy of 700...

You'd think I was getting kickbacks or something per vote with how obsessed I am with this...
    I drink, therefore I am.