Thread: Height Chart

Height Chart

This was a xmas present for my Brother in law and fiancee to track the height of their son. I wanted something that they could take with them from house to house and looked nice enough that they could have forever. This is made of cherry and and maple with no finish. To get the tick marks I used the table saw and fence to get them to be accurate. I then glued it up to the cherry. I did not want the “lines” to go all the way across the piece so this was the best method I could find. The name and number I did on my bandsaw and then cleaned up on the OSS. This was a very quick project, but it got tears so it was a real winner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are a prolific fellow! This is like the 5th project of yours I've said, "Great idea, great look!". I gotta admit, I have never blogged or tweeted or face-booked, but I caught myself thinking, I should somehow mark that guy's posts as someone whose work I'd like to follow...
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Beautiful work and what a great idea! I made a rocking horse for my 11 month old granddaughter for Xmas and now know what I will make her for her first birthday. Sorry, but I will shamelessly crib your great idea (though I will not claim it as my own, I'm not THAT big of a db!)
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Tom, great work, I like this a lot. I was trying to get some ideas for one for my daughters. This definitely helped. Now I just need a bandsaw or scroll saw to make some letters.