Thread: Tool Gloat - Drum Sander

Tool Gloat - Drum Sander

delta drum sander.jpgNot sure this is the right forum for this. However, I plan to use this to flatten segmented rings (and lots of other things). I have been looking for a drum sander for quite a while and patients paid off. I found it on Craigs List, it came with a dozen rolls of sand paper, mobile base and fully assembled. Plugged it in and it works great. Attachment 178168
    Randy Gazda
    Big Sky Country

Nice! Good gloat.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Congrats... a guy can't have too many sanders around and that will be indespensible for your segmented work. Have fun!

4. That is a nice one Randy! I have the performax drum sander, and it really does a great job. I am sure it will make your life a lot easier, especially dimensioning the segmented rings for the flat.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Pretty cool Randy. That should flatten out those rings a little better than a big disk mounted to the lathe. Congrats.

Randy
    Delta made some of those sanders with a air drum sander attached to the end and man they worked great for a contour sander.Nice find.
    Harry

Good score, Randy!! I bet that thing is a dust machine - but, I am sure you have a DC system.

That is SWEET Randy! I've been looking for just the normal stand alone sander forever - you got real lucky with that one!

Congrats. That should work well for segmented work for sure.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congrats. You'll use that more than you think... I have the Performax. I have not yet ventured into the world of segmented turning though.