Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It is gonna snow. A bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    If your experience is similar to mine, they're probably in your chimney
    The only bird chirping in my chimney is possibly a phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I'll be thinking about all you folks suffering in the cold and snow. Take care of yourselves! It was 75 in Savannah yesterday.
    Thanks Belinda, however I don't consider snow storms bad, I enjoy them.

I get to stay home and watch the snow fall, and enjoy the quiet of the city.

After shovelling I make a large mug of Earl Grey tea, sit in the Morris chair and watch the birds in the feeder.......Really pleasant........Of course I'm lucky enough to get paid whether I make it into work or not.........Regards, Rod.

Belinda...
    I don't suffer the cold...it's the heat that kills me. I keep moving further and further north...and it makes me happier and happier.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I suppose "suffer" wasn't the best choice. Maybe I should have used the word "battling" instead. It sounds like this is going to be a whopper of a storm.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Batten down the hatches and strap in....yeeeeehhaaaaawwwww!

I've been plowing for the last 3 seasons for a friend of mine. Only once did I do 6" in that time. This year we had a 6" storm, but we were on top of it and it came down slow, so it was essentially 2 separate 3" pushes (made for one stinkin' long day, though--26 straight hours on the clock driving). We're supposed to get 10"+. I just hope that equipment holds up, because big snows break stuff.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Ours has now been updated. Detroit NWS is forecasting 8-15" for us. Cleveland NWS is for casting 12-18" in Toledo, just 8 miles south. Betther than the 1" of ice mentioned earlier today. Toledo is now under a Winter Storm Warning, we're still under a Watch.

I guess I am not as worried about the snow as much as I am the cold. They are now talking about wind chills below zero. That kind of wind with the snow will get ugly in a hurry.

By they way Matt, they are still only calling for 12" up my way.

We're only supposed to get 2"-4", then some mixed precip. All the big snows are going south and east of here, which is fine by me.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I went out for breakfast in a short sleeve shirt this morning.
    Then it started snowing at lunch. Big flakes, should start sticking to the streets soon.
    Nice thing about Albuquerque snow storms is the snow is usually gone in a day or two.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Bring it on!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I like Ken's idea...

Got wood?

I do...

Unfortunately for me, I work from home so no excuses as long as the power stays on.

Joe, where do you live!?
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Had a month of spring then woke up to 2" of snow yesterday. Today we are back to 50 and melting.

I'm and elementary school principal and we haven't had a full week of school since new year. What a pain. I haven't seen this much snow in 30 years. It's a real pain, I envy you gloaters from warmer climes. See you when I retire. At least it's warm in the shop.
    Glen